Non techie question re generators

Hi All

I am organising an outdoor event with a live band. They will be using 2 X

400W amps + lights. A local hire company *thinks* a 5 KVA generator with a spare fuel can will be OK for about 4 hours of music.

I'm lost already, so I though I'd check here - hoping it's the correct NG.

Thanks in advance for any info. Stuart Reed

Reply to
Stuart Reed

If there are any motors or refrigeration compressors, they have quite a start up surge. If you had a list of equipment I could tell better. I guess you are figuring about 4000 watts for the lights??? Add 25% extra if you have motors.

Tod Adamson