New Toy HP16500A, Need Help to use

Hello,

I just got a 16500A w/16532(1GSs Digitizing Scope) and 16550 (100Mhz State-500Mhz Timing) analyzer off ebay and I'm trying to use it but I'm having a little trouble. This equipment has so many bells and whistles I need to dig though them all.

I have hooked up leads 0-1 on POD E1 to the in and out of a serial line (using max232) and I'm trying to trigger on a keypress but I can't figure out the trigger menu. I set up a level 1 trigger on edge 1 (set to a 1) occurs once else no state go to level 1. I would expect the analyzer to sit and wait until a positive going edge is seen then record, it isn't, it imediately records.

Anyone have one of these and can help me out I'd appreciate some help.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron - You can find the technical manuals on the Agilent website.

This is the manual for the 'B' version, however. Have fun jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

Thanks Jim, I already have all the manuals for my modules. I just can't seem to make the trigger work properly.

Ron

Reply to
Ron