Multifunction calibrators

I'm considering the purchase of a multi-function calibrator to handle up to

6.5 digit meters (or better). GPIB support is probably essential.

An obvious candidate is the Fluke 5520A, possibly with the scope calibration option though I can do without that as I have other equipment to cover that sort of work, however this is a little pricey.

What other calibrators should I be looking at? I'm very happy to buy used equipment (possibly the older Datron stuff) if I can be sure that I can get it fixed and calibrated still and that it will work correctly here in UK on

230V 50Hz.

Any active metrologists watching who can make some recommendations (including options needed) and target pricing?

Thanks

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)
Reply to

carneyke

This one's been for sale for at least a year now:

Every now and then I check on it to see if it's sold yet - I'd like to have this one, but the company I work for is too cheap. I have all separate devices that cost me about 4-600 USD apiece on Ebay.

Reply to
JW

I thought the older Wavetek calibrators were power supply voltage/frequency specific (i.e. 110V 60Hz couldn't be converted for use with 230V 50Hz by just fiddling with jumpers). Also I can't make much sense of the Wavetek calibrator numbers is the 4800A the top of the pile?

PS Where can I find some real technical info (specification sheet, or even better user & service manuals) on the 4800A, as I came up dry searching for detail about it - though found quite a few folks selling them at fairly high prices.

PPS Who will service/calibrate these nowadays - I imagine Fluke will say "out of support" as they will want to sell me a 5720A!

Thanks Dave

Reply to
David C. Partridge

"JW" wrote

What is your "separate devices" list out of interest?

Cheers Dave

Reply to
David C. Partridge

"David C. Partridge" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Hi David,

You can also have a look at Time Electronics products, they have a quite large range of multifunction calibrators. See

(and they are in the UK too...)

Yours,

--
Robert Lacoste
ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

Not sure, but at the link below it claims "4800A Power Requirements Input Power Universal (Auto Sense and Switch)"

I really don't know.

Some specs can be had here:

There are third party calibration houses. We use Essco.

Reply to
JW

For DC voltage calibration I use a Valhalla 2701B; For AC, an HP 745A; for resistance a Fluke 5450A. If you're on a tight budget, separates can save you a lot of cash, and if something goes wrong, they're cheaper and/or easier to repair.

Reply to
JW