Missing test leads on EBay

Why is it that almost every piece of test equipment sells on EBAY without leads. Does everyone throw them away!

I bought a mint Sencore VC93 VCR analyzer..No leads..I Contacted Sencore and damned near died when they gave me the prices. Got the VC93 for about $50 and the leads at Sencore are OVER $300 US !!!

Salmo

Reply to
Salmo

Think about it. The equipment is no longer in use. It is stored for a while, then sold, or a business goes under and the assets are auctioned off. No one takes the time to find the probes and cables because everything is sold or auctioned off "AS IS". Also, a lot of shops will damage or lose a probe or cable and not replace it. they have newer equipment, so they sell off the old stuff, "AS IS".

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Make your own!

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have no problem making my own, except in the case of the VC93 (VCR analyzer) they've got a one of a kind receptacle for two of the leads. The rest is BNC or banana plugs.

Salmo

Reply to
Salmo

Sometimes a connector that does not look like the original desired one can be modified with some ingenuity, other times the "wierd" connector that has no match / matching cable can be replaced with something available - even if that means "ratting out" the wierd connector because it was riveted, soldered or welded in.

Reply to
Robert Baer