Looking for the code for ALPHA Electronics Corp - DYNAMIC IN-CIRCUIT IC TESTER

Well, I'm hunting for someone with one of these in-circuit kits that was designed by Bill Green from Radio-Electronics (Dec, 1987) as mine has failed to to battery failure on the CMOS RAM. Turned out that the entire operating system was retained by a single Dallas like CMOS RAM with a battery in the base (equivalent to the DS1230-140 256K X 8) and the battery has failed...and I didn't back up the device back when I picked it up in 2005. It has since sat in storage and when I pulled it out today to try it out nothing happened and so checking the RAM voltage found it to be 0.3VDC - not much use now.

Bill Green has since passed away and there appears to be nothing remaining of the estate pertaining to this device according to a good friend of his.

So, all I can hope for is someone has one of these small kits floating around and that it still works and they can read Dallas RAM devices...

In any case, check your old test gear for batteries and back up code!

Link to PDFs on the kit:

ftp://ftp.flippers.com/ALPHA/AlphaElectronics/

John :-#(#

                     www.flippers.com
John Robertson