Looking for a 'smooth' bargraph..

I'm trying to find a 'LED' 'BarGraph' that does not use discrete leds/dots (ex.: a stack of 100 leds, or an LCD). I saw these used on a few hi-end mixers (recording studios). They look like glowing thermometers (as in the mercury would glow bright green or red) and respond at about 5-20hz (minimum).

I've been serching the net to locate this component, but so far I've turned up empty handed. Probably because I dont know the name that is used to designate theses 'bar graphs'.

Does any one here know where I could find this? Or, at least what are they called???

Thank you,

-Jason

james

Try: