"Line in use light"

Hi, I hope I'm not posting to the wrong group.

I have a pretty standard touchtone desk phone and want to install a small LED light the would come on whenever anyone is on one of the other phones in the house.

What resources are there available so I can do this on the cheap??

Please respond by email if necessary.

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Bill Johnson

Reply to
Bill Johnson

It's OK, but sci.electronics.design might be a little better - cross-posted and followups set.

There are several circuits to do this at

.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

.

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in
the address)

DaveM

small

phones

The good thing about this circuit is that it flashes, so it draws attenion to the LED. The bad thing about it is that it uses a CMOS part, which is susceptible to being zapped by lightning. It should have a .02uF bypass capacitor from pin5 to ground to reduce the possibility of a transient voltage spike zapping the chip. But it is still susceptible. So buy a few spare chips and use a socket, and when it gets zapped and quits working, just replace the chip. ;-)

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th