Leveling amplifier, leveled sinewave generator

..... Frequently on e-bay I see equipment described as in the subject line above. What do these two terms mean? Thanks, Anders J

Reply to
Anders Johansson

"Anders Johansson" wrote in news:LKbpf.152563$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net:

A "leveled sine wave generator" is a calibration instrument for checking flatness of frequency response. It's output amplitude stays constant throughout it's rated freq.range.

I surmise a "leveling amplifier" would output a flat response across it's rated freq. range,despite a varying amplitude input signal(within its rated amplitude range for levelling)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik