I Need A Battery Spring/Plate For A Device.

I have a portable electronic navigation system - a Pilot III from Garmin- which I use to find my way around the counties in the state where I work. It operates via batteries or by pluging it into the cigarette lighter.

While using the navigation system, the batteries exploded. As I removed the batteries from the battery compartment, I accidently broke off the 1 inch-by-half inch metal plate -with half-inch springs on it- attached to the edge of the battery compartment. I lost that part and and I need it replaced.

I have been to Radio Shack, an auto parts accesory store, and a hardware store and none of them have that piece.

Does anyone know how and where I can get this simple piece that has been getting considerbly more difficult to obtain than I had anticipated? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
DavidPI73

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DavidPI73) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m22.aol.com:

Maybe you should contact GARMIN,who MADE the unit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

[snip...snip...]

Please learn to cross-post (one message to several newsgroups) rather than multi-post (the identical message, one at a time, to several newsgroups).

Doing so keeps all of the responses together in a single thread, regardless of the group in which a respondent first saw it. Additionally, any good usenet client can recognize the cross-posting and not display it when it's seen in subsequent newsgroups.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

[snip...snip...]

And where did you say I could get this dual coiled battery contact that I need?

Reply to
DavidPI73

If all else fails, consider making one. Take the spring from a battery holder, selected for similar spring size. Note the rivit is the only part easily solderable. Get a piece of copper, brass or galvanized sheet or shim and cut to desired size. Solder the rivet part of the spring at the desired place on the trimmed sheet. *Done*

Reply to
Robert Baer

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DavidPI73) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m17.aol.com:

From GARMIN???