HP E2050 Lan-HPIB server

Hi,

Does any one knows the difference between the HP Lan-HPIB server model E2050A and the model E2050B ? Is it the same hardware with just an improved software? It seems but I'm not sure... If yes, does someone has a copy of the EPROM of the E2050B to update my E2050A?

Many thanks for the reply.

Pierre-Francois snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.fr

Reply to
Pierre-François

In fact I opened the box and there are two flash EEPROM PA28F200BX I'm pretty sure this box can be upgraded.

U-2 has the software: E2050 88811 091A5E38 9603

U-3 has the software: E2050 88812 A.01.00 9550

Does someone has a service document for this small box and how to update it under the RS232 serial port or even the Ethernet LAN or the HPIB port? And who could send me the copy of these two firmware? (one is certainly the bootstrap and the other the TCPIP/HPIB code) This is just an asumption... I would like to have this box at the latest revision possible, and apparently mine is at one of the first one if not the first...

Thanks for the help pf (Pierre-François) f5bqp snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.fr

"Pierre-François" a écrit dans le message de news:

45169b49$0$5084$ snipped-for-privacy@news.orange.fr...
Reply to
Pierre-François

e it

the

Although I can't be sure, with some HP devices you would just FTP the =

new firmware to the device's IP address.

Any replacement firmware should be on HP's Web site. Have you checked=

there for updates, instruction or manuals.

There is a possibility this device is not on the main HP Web site, but= on the Agilent Web site instead, at

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for the info, I've checked and found the manual on the Agilent site but not any firmware upgrade. I'm pretty sure that this upgrade exits somewhere at least internally at Agilent and as the product isn't anymore supported someone could have it and distribute without any problem...

Many thanks, Pierre-François