HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge ?

There's an HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge 124? 10KHz-10MHz on ebay at :

RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 I can't find anything on it, anyone out there know about it? Strange impedanace and not much range, possibly Telco spec? tnx

--
73
Hank WD5JFR

The dual plug on the side and the empedance looks like typical telco equipment

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

As Bill noted, it's telco. Looks like something we used to make, or at least supported at the end of its life. I suppose a 3-decade frequency range isn't extreme, but I'll bet it's more (for the achieved performance level) than most hams get in homebrew directional couplers. ;-) It's possible I could find more info on it if you're seriously interested.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

The frequency range, the empedance and the plug, all point to use with "L" carrier analog multiplex. The 124 Ohm would be a balanced line and consist of a shielded pair. I don't know if 124 Ohm single conductor shielded cable was used

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen