How do i destroy a transformer

What is a surefire way to destroy a 240 - 6v transformer safely without leaving any external marks?

Reply to
Mike

Some of them contain internal fuses.

Reply to
Walter Harley

reverse the in and out of the transformer and short the load end?

Reply to
Dorknschnookims

Ever tried shorting the secondary side? However be warned that this requires low voltages only. kman

Reply to
Thika02

Mike schrieb:

Open 240V leads and connecting the 6V side to a higher AC voltage (50V?) could cause sparks on the primary coil and damage the insulation. (Be careful - high voltage)

- Udo

Reply to
Udo Piechottka

I've seen many equipment transformers fail becasue the equipment got wet and was energized before it was thoroughly dried out. I think a turn or 2 shorts and that's it, bye-bye, with no marks!

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik