Gould OS4020 Scope

Hi.

I just acquired a Gould OS4020 storage scope. I've never used a storage scope before, but am interested in trying to store plots in a computer.

The Gould has a slimline "GPIB Interface IEEE 488" box attached to the bottom of it, which I gather is the the bit which sends the digital data out. There's a connector on the back which looks like a short Centronics type, labelled "IEEE".

On the side of the main body of the scope, there's a recessed panel with a couple of D connectors - a 25-way and a 15-way. The 25-way is labelled "Digital I/O", and the 15 "Misc I/O". There is a plot speed knob, and a switch for different plot types (like 'continuous').There are some BNC connectors - "100mV/cm of display", labelled "Ch1", "Ch2", and "X". Finally, there are a couple of banana sockets with a switch symbol drawn between them.

Do the BNCs provide an analog output of the display (ie, 800mV for each Y,

1000mV for X)?

Can I use this scope to send data straight to a laptop's serial or parallel port, or do I need a gizmo to translate whatever is available? Can anyone throw some light on what the 25-way "Digital I/O" connector is? Can the scope stream its capture directly to a digital output, or does a capture need to be done internally and then dumped to the PC?

TIA,

Wally

Reply to
Wally