Firm/Flex testings??

The people over at ABIelectronics.co.uk have a somewhat new test instrament. It is called a CM4000 and has a number of features. The one I am intersted in is the Firm/Flex feature. What happens is that an AC signal of different voltages and currents and source resistances is fed into a node and then the result of the signal is displayed on the front of the unit. It looks like a digital scope. What they kind of did was take a Huntron and add a signal injector and use it on live circuits. This way you can tell if a zero volt reading is the result of an open trace or digital low or short to ground. I would buy one except I have a number of Huntron style devices and I don't want to spend $4000.00 for one feature. My question is has anyone seen this done before? Did HP or Textronic or BK ever make something like this? Maybe there is an old used model that will do the same basic thing for hopefully a fraction of the price. Or some ideas on how to pull it off with the toys I have. Thanks Uriah

Reply to
Uriah