Battery questions...

I've got a couple of miniDV camcorders that I'm wanting to build external battery packs for. One uses 7.2 volt Nimh rechargables and the other uses 7.4 volt Lithium Ion.

I can get Nicad modules rated at 1.2 volts at a really cheap price. I can wire 6 in series to get the 7.2 for the one. However the second needs 7.4. I either wire 6 for a 7.2 rating or 7 for 8.4. Would the 8.4 be bad for tthe camera? Or are their modular rechargables that I can purchase to get the 7.4? also the modules I'll use are "sub" C's and are rated at 1200mh. Can I use two series modules in tandem to get 2.4AH safely? The cameras in question are a Canon Optura and a Canon ZR45mc. I suppose if someone here is willing to give me battery 101 inregards to the newer generation of rechargables I'd be deeply indebted. Also I have several sizes of sealed dry lead acid rechargables that I can step down or up. Is it safe to use these in place of Nimh or Lithions?

Reply to
gothika