battery charger from radioshack

hello, I was wondering if it is possible to take this:

charger and taking two batteries out of the pack? I want to be able to recharge a 7.2 pack, with the charger that comes with the 9.6V set, but we already have the 9.6V, but only need 7.2. Is this possible? Thanks!

Reply to
Keiichi.McGuire

Nope. Well, let me change that - yes if you know how to modify the charger. So it might as well be nope.

But - you can build a charger with three parts: a 12 volt DC wall wart, an LM317 and a resistor.

------ ----- Wall +|---Vin|LM317|Vout---+ | ----- | Wart -|-+ Adj [R]

R is computed as follows:

First, your pack is rated in mAh. Divide that mAh rating by 10000 and call it X. R = (1.25/X) + .5, rounded up. For example, say your 7.2 volt pack is rated at 1000 mAh. That makes X = 1000/10000, or .1 Subsituting, R = 1.25/.1 +.5 or 13. Since a 13 ohm resistor is not standard, you can make one with a 10 ohm resistor and 3

1 ohm resistors in series. Use 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistors.

That gives you a 14 hour charger. When your pack runs down, put it on the charger overnight and you're good to go.

If you're not into building, perhaps someone can recommend a 7.2 v charger.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr