Subject Author Posted Replies

DSP like MCUs, or MCU like DSPs? (2023 Update)
I don't recall the TI designator, but they make some DSP parts that have peripherals like MCUs. I know that some time back, ARM made a push into DSP territory by adding some DSPish instructions to I...
17
17

Re: JUMPtec JRC remote control software. (2023 Update)
Hi dear Youcef. I have a DIMM-PC/386-I but i need to JRC software.Were you able to find this software or a way to connect to this module? please guide me. Thanks.
1
1

Serial Bus Speed on PCs
I am using laptops to control test fixtures via a USB serial port. I'm looking at combining many test fixtures in one chassis, controlled over one serial port. The problem I'm concerned about is not...
28
28

Bluetooth module master HSP and SPP?
We're going to synthesize some audio and want to transmit over Bluetooth from our embedded device to a Bluetooth headset. Also need to do SPP output. We can provide audio output over I2S or just...

I2C bus recovery
I wanted to implement an I2C bus recovery during initialization. The reason is well known in literature[1]. I read the function i2c_generic_recovery[2] of Linux kernel, but I don't understand one...
7
7

2022 Supercon badge is a 4-bit MCU
This is pretty cool! Would be even better if it was MSI hardware rather than a PIC emulating that, but still. <>Clifford Heath. The 2022 Supercon Badge Is A Handheld Trip Through Computing History |...

Shared Communications Bus - RS-422 or RS-485
I have a test fixture that uses RS-232 to communicate with a PC. It actually uses the voltage levels of RS-232, even though this is from a USB cable on the PC, so it's only RS-232 for maybe four...
93
93

Definition of an Algorithm
I recall in one of the early computer science classes I took, a professor defined an algorithm in a mathematical definition. She gave a list of properties an algorithm had to have to qualify as an...
18
18

Matrix math C++ class library for MCUs?
Hi Guys - I'm searching for a C++ matrix math library suitable for Kalman filter implementation on MCUs. I found a few but they may be zombies, for example Eigen got crickets. What do you guys use?...
4
4

Embedded Linux processors
I was idly looking to see what was out there in the low end Linux space - something bigger than an ESP32 but more production friendly than a Raspberry Pi. I came across this excellent guide: builds...
13
13

QFN packages and layout on crowded PCBs
I've been looking at alternative chip packages to improve routing on tight boards. It seems like the issue is space for vias. Leaded surface mount parts have space under the chip body for vias. Most...

Renesas GreenPAK Sales/FAE Support
I've been considering a Greenpak device or two or even three, in a respin of a new design. I've identified three functions that the Greenpak devices could replace on my board, but not all in the same...
14
14

newlib and time() (2023 Update)
I often use newlib standard C libraries with gcc toolchain for Cortex-M platforms. It sometimes happens I need to manage calendar time: seconds from 1970 or broken down time. And it sometimes happens...
21
21

Learn how to design state machines and generate code (Ad)
You search for an affordable tool to design state diagrams and generate code from them? The SinelaboreRT focus is on generation of readable and maintainable code from hierarchical UML state machine...

Override libc functions
Many times I'd like to replace libc functions in embedded systems, because of some tests or because I need a different implementation. For example, sprintf implementation of newlib uses malloc and I...
8
8