Subject Author Posted Replies

Learn how to design state machines and generate code (Ad)
You search for an affordable tool to design state diagrams and generate code from them? The SinelaboreRT focus is on generation of readable and maintainable code from hierarchical UML state machine...

Override libc functions
Many times I'd like to replace libc functions in embedded systems, because of some tests or because I need a different implementation. For example, sprintf implementation of newlib uses malloc and I...
8
8

IAR ARM Cortex-M compiler does not align stack on 8-byte boundary
ARM ABI says that the stack should be 8-byte aligned, but I see cases where the stack is aligned only to 4-byte boundary. For example, I have the following simple busy-delay function:
 void...
6
6

Help with a HardFault on Cortex-M3
I'm stuck with a stupid issue on a Cortex-M3 (LPC1788 by NXP). It's a classical issue that happens randomly and in different ways when the code is slightly changed, so it's very difficult to debug....

Useful bonus feature
I'm just doing some rough prototyping at the minute and to save squinting I put a identifying label on the MCU showing part no and orientation, from one of those thermal Dymo-style labelling machines....
3
3

Wide frequency range, arbitrary waveform DDS
To generate frequencies from approximately 0.5 mHz to 12 MHz with a DDS a minimum clock of >24, say 25 MHz, is required. To be able to go down to 0.5 mHz, a phase accumulator of at least 36 bits is...
3
3

The I/O drive characteristics in the Attiny24 Datasheet
Good Morning, I was trying to guess the R_on from the curves in the datasheet and got following results: sinking Ron: 3V 1.4Ohm(maybe wrong) 5V 30Ohm sourcing Ron: 3V 47Ohm 5V 33Ohm I belive the 3V...
1
1

Why use non-free compilers (Keil, etc) for architectures supported by SDCC?
I wonder why some developers choose non-free compilers (Keil, IAR, Cosmic, Raisonance, etc) when targeting architectures supported by the free Small Device C Compiler (SDCC). Answears that also...
26
26

I2C Communication between two Microcontrollers
I want to test the I2C protocol between two STM32 (STM32L152RC) microcontrollers. Can somebody guide me on how to do it or suggest tutorials? I have seen some online portals where they are...
14
14

Ftn I/Os documentation best practices
I add a boilerplate to each function definition that declares constraints on inputs, expectations of outputs, performance issues, etc. I use this to add invariants to the code to detect/enforce these...
11
11

Cortex-Mx MCUs with SWD access locked
I know it's a very specific question, so I don't have many hopes to find a solution here, but I already tried everything and I don't know how to solve the issue I have that is very annoying. I have...
25
25

4-bit MCUs
Wow! This group seems to have all but died. It used to be very vibrant. I'm trying to determine how prevalent 4-bit MCUs are in the world. I know lots of products have used 4-bit devices in the past,...
10
10

4 Bit MCUs, Still Alive and Kicking?
I'm not sure which group it was in, but someone who designs toys talked abo ut the extremes they would go to for cost reduction, removing useful, but n ot essential resistors because they were $0.001...
28
28

OT: plug and pray webcam on windows xp
Moments ago I posted this only to SED, then remembered the chances someone could help here are perhaps higher (unless the groups overlapp completely nowadays....). Anyway, separate post but same, here...
2
2

eMMC CSD Register ECC field
Anyone here knowledgeable about eMMC memory? I have a high reliability application where there is concern about memory corruption. What would happen if I changed the ECC field in the eMMC's Card...
1
1