Subject Author Posted Replies

40 core embeddified processor
hmmm martin
22

An RTOS without Memory Managment
Hi All, I want to confirm my understanding on following RTOS concepts. 1) There are two kind of memory management is required, one when task are switching and we need to allocate memory to tasks and...
7
7

FPGA Lab Liquidation Sale
FPGA Laboratory Liquidation Sale. Over 1,000 units - be quick, all stock must go! We have to get these items out of the lab! - The space needs to be cleared for new development. We are practically...

Design Doc for Scatter/Gather DMA Engine
Hi Mark, This is Balu, a new member in this form, I have read ur Scatter/Gather discussion. It is lot useful for me, actually i want to implement a Scatter Gather DMA engine in verilog but I didn't...
1
1

BUG_ON in __get_vm_area_node
Why is the assertion BUG_ON(in_interrupt()) in __get_vm_area_node? I have been getting this assertion after running my application for several hours. Any ideas what may be the cause? I am running...

Extract program from old mask-ROM 80C51?
Philips logo 0290,031-01 WP J399 223380 DfD9240V6 YU (R) (C) INTEL 1980 (R) PHILIPS 1989 The schematic tells me it's an 80C51, but no other part numbers. 0290,031-01 is the customer's (Acorn's) part...
8
8

Keyboard task in RTOS; how to deal with long keypresses etc.?
Hi all I'm working on a small embedded project which runs under a simple RTOS. The Hardware includes a scanned keyboard, LCD display, and various motors & switches etc. The User Interface requirements...
8
8

ONSITE-Embedded Testing with QNX- for TOP MNC-CMM Level Company
Requirements for Embedded Testing on QNX/Vx Works,Onsite Opportunity for 6 Months Hi All, Currently we do have Immediate Requirement with our Top MNC client Company (A World Leading Product Based...

Seeding a Pseudo-Random Number Generator (PRNG) from Sources that Aren't Random
We have an embedded product that needs to assign random radio network addresses near startup. We plan to use a PRNG with a period of around 2^32 (with a 32-bit seed). To get the initial seed use for a...
22
22

Has anyone on CAE upgraded to Eagle 5 yet?
Just a curious question. I will doubtlessly upgrade, just interested if there is any experience out there with 5 Thanks! Chris Ruff

Luminary LM3S811, USB Serial and Linux -- Thanks and followup
Thank to "cs_posting", Mil Wilson, and all the other respondents, I have gotten my Linux machine talking to my Luminary LM3S811 evaluation board. The board uses an FTDI FT2232D chip in a design that...
1
1

Atmel
Hello, I've done some PIC development before, with the PIC16F690, PIC18F4321, etc. and I'm thinking about trying out the Atmel processors since I've heard they have a flat memory space (no banks), a...
19
19

Avalda's Parallel F# to RTL FPGA Compiler
Hello all, I'm pleased to announce the release of Avalda FPGA Developer v1.0 beta! It enables one to compile regular F# to RTL with parallel programming semantics. Our aim is to help make FPGAs...

Hardware I2C block on PXA (XScale): Hangup??
Hello, All, :) I'm having tons of trouble controlling some simple I2C peripherals via a Marvell (nee Intel) PXA270 processor. This processor has a built-in I2C controller, with simple configuration...
2
2

Ethernet MDI termination
The paired MDI signals from the PHY to the magnetics in a GbE application are each terminated by a 50R resistor and then together to a 10nF capacitor to GND. However some applications connect the 2...
5
5