Z8 assembly programmer learning eZ8 C for the first time

Hi, I just received my eZ8 development board. I have been an assembly programmer for several years but I have never developed C code for a microcontroller. I know C but I am still a beginner. Can anyone send me some C code writtern for the eZ8 development board so I can learn from it? Any pointers on code development for the eZ8 board is also appreciated.

Has anyone ever developed an ibutton interface for the eZ8 or other 8 bit controller in C ?

Thank you for your time.

Bradley snipped-for-privacy@canoemail.com

Reply to
Bradley

There should be C code on the CDROM that came with the system. Look under (taking deep breath):

C:\Program Files\ZiLOG\ZDSII_Z8 Encore!_F640X_4.6.1\applications

You'll see 3 folders. Avoid looking at the testcode stuff as it looks like it was written by a high school or college student. I seem to remember that the other two were somewhat better.

Reply to
Gary Kato

There is a Yahoo group for the Z8Encore

There is some utility stuff filed there that you could look at.

Jim

Reply to
Jim