X.509 certificates on small micros?

That's because you're looking at it from the wrong side --- the same side that's causing this breakage, that is.

Case closed.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Don't use Google Groups, period.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

In message , linnix writes

I thought Symbian was on the way out?

Chris H

With all due respect, Herr Br=F6ker, what is the alternative? Considering that I read (and sometimes - rarely - write) Usenet messages from different computers and even different countries?

Reply to
tum_

Don't even bother reopening this argument. I use Google Groups for exactly the same reason - I use Chrome Sync to keep my bookmarks up to date regardless of what computer I log in from, and Groups is not blocked at my workplace. So it's the easiest way for me to get to usenet by far. In fact, the only way I can get to it for 9.5 hours out of every day.

Some people are vehemently opposed to GG for whatever reason, and the inconvenience/impossibility of a direct nntp connection (or even the possibility to install an nntp client) in some locations does not hold much weight with them.

Reply to
larwe

And it should. But the phones are cheap and still plenty of users. Got one below $200 for my daughter. Trying to put an app on it so she would always get our messages (she would not answer our calls or texts for weeks). My app would also transmit the GPS data to my server, to find her if necessary. If necessary (might need court order), turn on the mike and camera.

Downloaded the SDK from Finland for 6 hours. Loaded it on XP and Win7. Downloaded Perl 5.6 (older or newer versions won't work). Downloaded Carbide C++ for 2 hours. Installed SDK and Carbide C++. WHAT? Carbide C++ can't find any SDK? Forget it, I'll get the Droid.

Reply to
linnix

larwe schrieb:

[...]

This time your posting contained correct references. Whatever you changed, please keep it that way.

Thanks, Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

I found how to switch back to the old interface.

Reply to
larwe

devices are 16 or 32 bits). This is actually an ecosystem of devices,

and we want to make sure that new devices putting content into the

ecosystem are properly licensed to do so. I will split up the workload

in such a way as to ensure the minimum number of devices have to be

upgraded. Maybe we will make a hub device that does all the

authentication and nothing else.

The ATXMEGAxxxAx chips have H/W AES128 encryption on the chip. This might be useful.

30 seconds would be livable.

HW MUL.

this code?

Again, you can find ARM7TDMI (AT91SAM7XC) with AES128 / AES256 in H/W.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

Stupid question perhaps, but did you add the SDK to the library search list? I'm not really familiar with Carbide C++. In fact this is the first I've heard of it.

Was your experience with Droid more positive?

Reply to
Justine Thyme

FWIW my experience with the Android SDK is very positive - it has good HOWTOs and detailed instructions that actually work. I haven't yet tried to use the NDK, though, which is where I really want to experiment.

The emulator in the SDK is really great; you can simulate any device you can imagine, pretty much. I have not tried to debug apps on a real device though; I'm not sure if carrier lockdowns would be a problem there (many carriers prevent sideloading apps, though all of them are breakable of course).

Reply to
larwe

ill

d.

I can't find any easy way to do this. Both Carbide C++ and Symbian SDK are downloaded from Nokia and installed in default settings. Apparently, Nokia's right hand does not know where the left hand is.

Downloaded and installed Droid SDK without problem, but have not tried any code yet.

Reply to
linnix