WTD: Differential Video system

I have a project that has a video camera and a servo motor.

The servo controller is upsetting the video (RS-170).

We are looking for a differential video transmitter/receiver that will help clean up the video feed.

Goggle has found chips like MAX7474, but no complete systems.

Does anyone have any suggestions for these type of systems ?

Thanks

don

Reply to
don

How are both parts connected? Does the camera have the servo motor control electronics inside or is the servo moto controls separately wired to the video feed?

Are they all closely connected to the same ground?

What coupling are you using on each end? The norm is DC couple video output, AC couple video input.

What cabling and drive circuit are you using? What signals are routed where and how is this cabled to receiver?

Have you just tried ensuring that what is receiving the video feed is going into a differential video bandwidth op-amp? This requires the screen of the video feed to be isolated from the ground/zero volts of the receiving end. A practice that is common in studio environments (now you know why people make insulating washers for BNC/RCA/Phono connectors).

That is for ethernet cable/twisted pair.

Keep motor electronics and its power and ground isolated from delicate feeds like video.

There are too many unknowns about your setup to say any more than that.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Are you looking for differential video amplifier modules? You may be out of luck. If you're ready to tackle board-level design then you can sometimes get by with grounding the shield at the remote source then treating the signal/shield pair as a differential pair at the receiver.

You may also want to see if you can strictly separate the grounds. If you absolutely must use off the shelf parts then one grounding scheme to try is the "bring all grounds to mecca" approach, where you isolate your 'noisy' remote electronics from your 'quiet' remote electronics, and only tie their grounds together at your base station. This is awkward, uses lots more cable, leaves you prone to painting yourself into a corner and all sorts of other bad things -- but if you can't do things 'right' then it works.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Thanks for your feedback.

I found this:

Finding a good search term for google is the hardest part ;-).

I do think the grounds are causing our problems, so this may fix it.

don

Reply to
don