Wireless sensor network at 868MHz

Hi, I want to realize a wireless sensor network at 868MHz: this network should be used in open ambient, so long range (and low power) is important for me. What do you think is the better solution? About protocol: i thougth ZigBee, but i haven't found interesting solution at this range (I may be mistaken)...A standard implementation is the best solution, but non strictly necessary....For me a lot of positive feedback from protocol users is very importat...last but not least, it shoud be free of charge and open source About transceiver: i'm looking for a very low power system on chip solution (8bit micro + transceiver) Can you help me?i'm a little confused... Thanks

Reply to
fasf

Take a lok at Nordic semiconductor....They have an integrated 8051 solution, but the firmware has to be in an unprotected serial eeprom.... seriously bad design decision on their part so from a commercial point it's useless. Nice core though.... with all the low level stuff done for you. I use the non 51 version with code in a mega48P and it works well.

Reply to
TTman

Thanks for your answer...

What protocol is used? It is free and open source? Thanks

Reply to
fasf

You have to write your own application code. Low level stuff is all done for you ( shockburst tm) and needs SPI master to talk to the chip.

Reply to
TTman