Why does portmap daemon run when i start multiice server?

Hi,

I connect my arm board to host PC using multi-ice.So when i start multi ice on my host pc,another application portmap daemon also gets started....what does this do in this case?

Does portmap daemon communicate through multi-ice cable or through network cable?(which port does it use?)

Reply to
bhargav