Video decompression

Hi all, I need some help about video decompression. I am not sure to hav understood well the various steps. For example, I have a video (type MPEG4) in RAM on a board TMS320C6416 an I wish to display it on a TV. What are the various things to be made Decompression, DAC, sending towards the TV, ... If somebody knows where I can found more information about the steps, an about the formats between the steps (MPEG4, YCbCr, 4:2:0, ITU-656, ...) Thank you in advance Damien

Reply to
Houbaa

Since you mention TI - there are quite a few app notes and tutorials on TI's website.

Generally speaking it would look like this:

- decode MPEG into a frame of YUV

- send YUV frame to a video DAC

If you're using TI's DSP BIOS a lot of the ugly parts are handled for you.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew queisser

^^^^^ Hopefully you mean 4:2:2 ?

Best Resource would be

Video Demystified (4th Edition) A handbook for the digital engineer

Author Keith Jack ISBN 0-7506-7822-4

Available from many places like Amazon and others

See also

for related links including to the book!

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

TI's

you.

Thank you for these elements of answer. In fact, I have already found the app notes on TI's website, but I did no find examples of codes. I do not understand wher I must begin...

Damien

Reply to
Houbaa