USB multiple drives .. and Unmounting a drive

Hi,

We are developing a embedded device that Win PC can access through USB.

I have figured out that we can create multiple drives with the USB MSD implementation on a single NAND chip.

I need to use a file system(FAT) as the embedded application needs data from the files.

Is it possible for me to unmount a drive from the file system and delete the associated LUN from the MSD?.. so that the windows PC doesnt see the second drive.. We need to do this to be able to provide access to the second drive only for authorised ppl.

I am planning to put in a access.txt file in the first drive to 'unlock' the second drive. Is this scheme feasible?

thanks, V

Reply to
vishaalpatil