Transferring data via USB on ML-310

I want to use the USB port of the ML-310 to transfer data out to th computer. Is this possible ?

How can I access the Ali South Bridge from the FPGA (i.e. in my to Schematic program) ?

How does the computer itself communicate with the board. Would th computer require a specific driver? Is there any DLL for Ali South Bridg ?

Thanks

Hen

The USB port on the ML310 is set up as a host. AFAIK, USB cables exist that allow for a host to host transfer.

The ALI south bridge (and USB) is supported with Linux running on the PPC inside the Virtex-II Pro FPGA.

Instead of USB you might want to use the UART or the Ethernet port (with a cross-over cable) to transfer your data.

- Peter

Hen wrote:

Reply to
Peter Ryser