Statistics on Language Distribution

In 2002, I read an article (source unknown) that talks about different languages used in embedded products. I think the distribution was something like this:

Assembly: 30% C: 60% C++/Java: 10%

Does anyone have what might be the latest statistics, or other distribution statistics?

Hyoung

Reply to
Hyoung Lee

I can give you an informal opinion of what my customers use:

C/C++ 90% (Borland mostly) Basic 8% (Quickbasic and PowerBasic) Other 2% (Pascal and Assembly mostly)

Reply to
Jim Stewart