ST10F269 problem with XRAM2

Hello all, I need Your help, I'm not able to enable the internal XRAM2 of the device in object. Someone of you have some example code to do that ? I have tried to make some addressings but when I write into the XRAM2 the microcontroller hang-up. Thanks in advance, Regards, Davide Clementelli.

Reply to
davide.clementelli

Davide, Describe exactly what you are doing. Otherwise no one will be able to help you.

The XRAM is divided into 2 areas, the first 2K Bytes named XRAM1 and the second

8K Bytes named XRAM2, connected to the internal XBUS and are accessed like an external memory in 16-bit demultiplexed bus-mode without wait state or read/write delay (50ns access at 40MHz CPU clock). Byte and Word accesses are allowed.

The XRAM2 address range is 00'C000h

- 00'DFFFh if XPEN (bit 2 of SYSCON register), and XRAM2 (bit 3 of XPERCON register are set). If bit XRAM2EN or XPEN is cleared, then any access in the address range 00'C000h

- 00'DFFFh will be directed to external memory interface, using the BUSCONx register corresponding to address matching ADDRSELx register.

Did you set ADDRSEL properly ?

- The default XPER selection after Reset is identical to XBUS configuration of ST10C167: XCAN1 is enabled, XCAN2 is disabled, XRAM1 (2K Byte compatible XRAM) is enabled, XRAM2 (new 8K Byte XRAM) is disabled.

- The register XPERCON cannot be changed after the global enabling of XPeripherals, i.e. after the setting of bit XPEN in the SYSCON register.

How do ou access memory ? Do you use word access or byte access ?

grtnx /jan

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jan Homuth