Sir, How to start establishing a communication between PC and PIC 18F 452

Sir, I am working in analyzing arterial pulse wave. I am getting a pulse wave from the sensor. In PIC 18f452 i am converting into digital signal of 10 Bits. Now I want to transfer the data to the PC into a file.

I never worked with the data communication serially. I am watching different sites but I want a solution from the beginning of implementing this communication. Can you kindly help me telling the practical steps to implement? Thank you very much. Kiran, NIT Warangal, A.p, India.

Reply to
kiran_hk

If you're lucky your tool set will help you out. If not, you'll have to do a lot of low-level UART programming.

At the application level, the easiest way to do this is format it like a printed page and send it as readable text. This gives you lots of flexibility in how to capture things on the other side.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

There is a serial comms library for the Microchip C18 compiler.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

You didn't mention if you were programming this in assembly or using C. Like Leon mentioned, if you are using Microchips C18 compiler, they have some USART functions in their library. You can get the C18 C Compiler Libraries documentation at

That should get you going in the right direction.

~clark

Reply to
clark

wave

10

implementing

Thank you very much for your response. I have downloaded the compiler from the microchip.com. Now what code should I implement in order to capture the data from the A/D module(10-bit) of the PIC 18F452 to the PC.

-Kiran

Reply to
kiran_hk