Silabs c8051f411 I2C,is clock stretching transparent to the programmer?

Hi to all,thank you for dedicating me a bit of your time.

I'm trying to modify a program that i "inherited", it was done for a similar project,where the c8051 acts as a I2C slave;

reading the code i saw that in the I2C section done by the SMBus no mention is done to clock stretching.

In this case and similar does it means that clock stretching is automatically managed by the SMBus section? Or simply that once I2C interrupt is started the processor must dedicate to complete the transfer without wasting time in other operations so that no clock stretching is needed?

It is more a curiosity than a need

Thanks to you all

Diego Milan,Italy

Reply to