Resistive touch panels (where to buy?)

Hi, I am looking for a transparent resistive touch panel. My difficulty is most suppliers do custom panels, but my quantity reauirements are too small to warrant a custom design. I am hoping to find a standard panel to suit my design. Exact size is not critical because we can design the housing to suit the panel!

Requirements: Transparant panel to overlay onto LCD display 120mm x 45mm aprox. (no display needed) Resistive 4, 5, or 8 wire. no interface electronics needed - we design our own. Any connector - FPC or other. I hope to find a supplier with a range of sizes who can supply quantities of 1 - 10. Suggestions appreciated. TIA

Reply to
Joseph Casey
Loading thread data ...

Apollo sells seperate touch panels for their displays, maybe you can find one close enough to your size requirement there. Check out:

formatting link

Another option, which might be even cheaper, is to look for surplus displays with panels already attached and canabalize them. Try Earth LCD for starters..

formatting link


Reply to

I suggest you'll have better luck asking your LCD vendor to supply the product with a tablet pre-fitted, or look for another vendor who makes a module with similar specs, but includes a touchscreen option. Pretty much all of these tablets are custom parts, intended for some specific display model.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.