Re: The Seven Sins of Windows Seven

GLUTTONY - bloated, uses enormous amounts of memory for...displaying

> an empty desktop > WRATH - requires new hardware just to run with any workable speed > LUST - slow and poor performance even with modern hardware > PRIDE - riddled with DRM which violates your fair-use-rights > SLOTH - insecure, despite massive investments in security it's still > the same single-user, non-network connected architecture > ENVY - non standards compliant web browser which is still haunting the > web and forcing everyone to move to FireFox > GREED - expensive, infinitely more expensive than Linux and other OSS > > Windows 7, I HATE IT ALREADY!!!

Well I have just this week downgraded to Office 2007 from Office XP, and well, what can I say.....all I can fathom is that it must have been designed solely for semi blind amputees who have to work with just their noses. I used to find my fingers useful, now I have nine more than necessary (apparently). I did have the sense to wrench Vista off my new computer before attempting to use it though.

Regards,

Richard.

Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

Reply to
FreeRTOS info

=20

Why? Download the fileformat converter from Male Sexual Problem. Works=20 with Office 2000 to 2003 at least to read/write 2007 bloat files. Yes Word file got even more bloated.

ned=20

=20

=20

We spend 30 years laying out regular structures to menus[1], so users can easily adapt to each piece of software whoever writes it. Now you have to reinvent the wheel so you can't easily find 'Save As'=20 a very common function, that is awkward to find now.

[1] Hwoever formating functions with the 'integrated' office suite appeared in different places in different programs. =20
.

--=20 Paul Carpenter | snipped-for-privacy@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk PC Services Timing Diagram Font GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny For those web sites you hate

Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Apparently the person in charge of the Windows 7 UI is the same person who was responsible for Office 2007. The weird thing is that there are some people out there who actually like the Office 2007 UI...

I think I'll stick with my Macs and Linux boxen.

-p

--
"Unix is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are."
 - Anonymous

I caved in to pressure. I should have been stronger.

--
Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

Open Office seems to be the way forward, unless they try to follow Microsoft example. At the moment there seem to be some interoperability issues between Open Office and MS Office, so its not the solution yet. If only I could persuade the rest of the world to use Open Office then that would not matter. I will do that after persuading everybody to drive on the left.

Apparently the new version of Mac OS is going to be half the size of the current version, and much faster, and delivered ahead of schedule. They have some brainy marketing people over there.

--
Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

I actually say unless the other end actually NEED to edit the document send PDF/text/other format (other than HTML) that is readable!

Perhaps they have taken out the 80% of functions next to nobody uses.

    PC Services