Ramsey FM transmitter

They use a device called a GAL5, its used as a RF amplifier giving 25mW output, while searching the net I can find no reference to a GAL5 device. Its a SOT223 package.

They also mention it has 0 - 2Ghz (or was it 4??)

Anyone know what this part is?

Reply to
The Mind Factory INC

I think you have some typos. You might do better searching for Gallium Arsenide, or GaAs. IIRC this is a manufacturing method for high speed semiconductors.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

GAL5 is the name of a Minicircuits amplifier. It does DC to 4GHz with 20 to 15 dB gain. supply is 4.4V at 65mA.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

GAL5 is the name of a Minicircuits amplifier. It does DC to 4GHz with 20 to 15 dB gain. supply is 4.4V at 65mA.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Apparently this is GALI-5 from

, look under "amplifiers".