questions for Mr. Lewin Edwards

Hello. I have your embedded systems book and I got a question. If I buy EB40A instead of EB40 board, will it be Ok to use EB40A with your book's examples? Please explain. thanks!

Reply to
Jack

("That's Doctor Monseigneur!")

The memory map of the EB40A is different, but I haven't yet sat down with the relevant datasheets and ported the code. I do know several people have got it all working on the EB40A, but as yet none of them have sent me their known-good tested header files and linker scripts :)

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

thanks for the reply. What about if I buy sharp LH79520 ARM board, such as the one from

Will I be able to use your book for that? I am asking because that board is similar price as EB40A but has more features in it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jack

Lewin,

Search for 'eb40a-ram.ld' in this newsgroup. This is adapted from your book, and works on my bench and others.

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
Jim