Qualcomm

Hello,

In view of the replies I got to an earlier posting, I have made some changes and hope to make a few things clearer.

PLEASE KEEP ALL SMART ASS AND NASTY REPLIES TO YOURSELF! HOWEVER STUPID THE QUESTIONS MAY SEEM, IF YOU ARENT GOING TO HELP THEN DONT BOTHER TO REPLY TO THIS POST!

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me out with the following questions:

1> Lets say that I have a continuous bit pattern of 1's and there is a glitch which causes the output to change to 0's for 1 milli-second . How do I capture this glitch using a Logic Analyser?

2> What are the four properties of a Pseudo-Random Noise sequence?

3> Why do most hardware testers use stacks in their programs?

Regards, Cousin It

Reply to
Cousin It

Shouting at people to shut up always helps.

Set it to trigger on a 0?

  1. It's Pseudo. 2. It's Random. 3. It's Noise. 4. It's a Sequence!

That's how the CPU keeps track of call sequences?

That's where the compiler stores local varibles?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Either CONFESS now or
                                  at               we go to "PEOPLE'S COURT"!!

Golomb had only 3: R-1 Balance R-2 Run Length R-3 Autocorrelation

If you happen to meet Andrew Viterbi there, he too has only these 3 in his book "CDMA Principles of Spread Spectrum Communications".

MfG JRD

Reply to
Rafael Deliano

Funny, idiot google poster who has never contributed to usenet outside the two threads he started on this subject gets shirty and starts telling those who were foolish enough to read his post what to do.

nospam

Um, When you posted your first mail my answer was going to be "with a logic analyser".

Once knowing that this is the tool to use, I would have though that the required configuration was pretty damned obvious (and no I'm not being deliberately unhelpful).

In preference to what?

A compiler will automatically use a stack for any code that you write, you have to try really hard to avoid it.

tim

Reply to
tim (back in SY)

You will find newsgroups such as this unhelpful in circumstances including: - You haven't done your homework. - You're asking us to do your homework for you. - The nature of the question betrays ignorance which would take too much time for us to address. - You haven't provided enough data. - You're shouting at us.

And this is intended, sincerely, as a helpful answer.

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Perhaps you've mistaken us for the geek you used to beat up in PE class.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I surely qualify qualcomm's requirement if they only ask those questions in interviews. The problem now is how to get an interview. They must have some problems to choose whom to interview.

Reply to
vax9000

Define 1 and define 0.

1 and 0 are logical abstract values. The Logic Analyser needs to know how are they represented.
Reply to
Adrian

Why not just simply use an oscilloscope and trigger on the falling edge ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

How do you know that they are NRZ encoded? Maybe they are using Manchester encoding or serial ASCII. The correct answer is to ask how are 1 and 0 encoded.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian