PIC without paging?

Hi all.

Does anyone know of a PIC that does not require paging? In other words, all memory is contiguous. I'm looking for a 16K (or larger) memory device.

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
simon

simon wrote in news:sxZdrTAOsHa$ snipped-for-privacy@capella.demon.co.uk:

PIC18Fxxx

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

18F452 is a popular upgrade from the 16F77. Memory is accessible unpaged, though it is slightly more optimal to use paging for the bottom RAM bank.

The great thing is you can recompile a 16C77/F77/F877 application with only a few careful mods and be up and running again, even in PDIP-40. It worked for me. There are bigger parts still in the 18 series.

Regards, Mike.

--
Mike Page BEng(Hons) MIEE           www.eclectic-web.co.uk
Reply to

I think it's called and AVR ;-)

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

None of the PIC18xxxx processors have paging. There are 16/32/64K devices in that family (as well as some small memory parts), and some that can expand to address external memory with a full data/address bus.

Darrel Johansen

Reply to
Darrel Johansen

No no no no no.... An AVR is a PIC without paging AND without just that one single "working" register that everything has to squeeze through...

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Thanks to all that have replied - most grateful. Cheerio, Simon.

Reply to
simon