Oscilloscope for embbeded syetem.

The user should always make themselves familiar with the capabilities and limitations of the equipment they are using in order to extract the best informational value out of its use. Besides, it is fun to play with a new piece of test equipment when you first get it just to get familiar with it.

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-510979
Paul E. Bennett

I have a Lecroy 9374L that at least informs you when it is doing this by placing RIS next to the time/div on the display. Newer Lecroys will *not* enter this mode unless the user specifically sets up the scope to do so.

Here's some pretty good info on the subject:

JW

ow

nd

Very suseptable to switching noise and dificult to read the display if you cant look directly at it.

Reply to
cbarn24050

er

Yes an excelent choice although it is suseptable to radiated noise. The earlier version is cheap(ish) on ebay but it doesnt work so well at line frequencies.

Reply to
cbarn24050

So far!!

Reply to
cbarn24050

For those of us who are used to looking at screens square on that is not a problem (most old scopes you needed to do that because the graticule layer was separate from the screen. You needed to be square on to properly check out the timing or amplitude of the waveform you were monitoring.

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-510979
Paul E. Bennett

Hmmm, if we are going to grade marriages like investments, do we need a "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" disclaimer? ;-)

Reply to
Mark Borgerson