multiboot spartan3E

I will use Intel StrataFlash Parallel NOR Flash PROM to store two . bit files .

I have been able to generate the two files. prm &. mcs after having

1) prepare a PromFile. 2) Prom supporting multiple Design versions . 3) Adding the first and the second Bitsream bitsream

after that I want to configure the parallel Prom but I can not make it? is what I have to configure the FPGA as or NO?? ...

Can someone help me??? thank you in advance ..

bouthouri

Your question isn't clear, so I'll answer what I think you most likely meant to ask:

So you want to have a flash chip that has not one, but two FPGA images, and you want to somehow select which image gets loaded. This problem would be trivial if you were loading the FPGA from a processor, so I assume that you want to have the FPGA self-load (in which case I wonder why you're not posting this to the FPGA group, or at least cross-posting. Bad You if you're multiple posting).

If the interface between the FPGA and the flash is general purpose enough, why not just load one image in the space addressed with the highest-order address pin at 0, and the other image in the space addressed with the highest-order address pin at 1? Then control that pin separately from the FPGA to select the correct image to load.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Thank you very much Mr. Tim Wescott

I work on Spartan-3E Starter Kit Board, of which there are startaflash Numonyx (128 Mbit)

. After my research I found that I have to use a module MBT (Multiboot Trigger) ... onn STARTUP

I find difficulty in understanding the principle .. Because I prepared the two files. Bit

but I do not know if I need to prepare a VHDL code that will handle the selection of a design or two we just need to configure the FPGA to use Startaflash...

bouthouri