mspgcc with TI USB JTAG

Hi,

I have installed the MSP-FET430UIF and it work correctly with IA interface. With msp430-jtag I see the follow error:

C:\>msp430-jtag -l TIUSB -e -DDD leds.elf MSP430 JTAG programmer Version: 2.2 Debug is level set to 3 Python version: 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bi (Intel)] ELF section .text at 0xe000 106 bytes ELF section .vectors at 0xffe0 32 bytes TOINIT list: actionMassErase TODO list: actionProgram MSP430_*Register not found in library. Not supported. MSP430_Funclet and isHalted not found in library. Not supported. JTAG backend: ctypes/TI or 3rd party (c:\mspgcc\bin\MSP430.dll) backend library version: 20105000 MSP430_Identify: Device type: 'MSP430F12x2/F11x2' Preparing device ... Mass Erase... Program... Cleaning up after error... Reset and release device... Traceback (most recent call last): File "msp430-jtag.py", line 528, in ? File "msp430-jtag.py", line 465, in main File "mspgcc\jtag.pyo", line 538, in actionProgram File "mspgcc\jtag.pyo", line 311, in memwrite IOError: Could not write target memory: Invalid parameter(s)

C:\>

I tried to change the ,dll libraries with those of CCE but It stil doesn't work. Anyone can help me please?

Thank you very much.

Giancarlo

Reply to
gperroni

Hi Giancarlo,

You posted the same question in the msp430 gcc mailing list, and I already answered it there - the latest versions of the software in the cvs fix the problem you are having. That means you either have to wait until the maintainers have built a new windows binary (which probably won't be too far away), or you have to check out the cvs version. If you've never done that before, or have not used Python before, then there is a bit of learning involved, but it's not too hard, and it's worth doing.

mvh.,

David

Reply to
David Brown