Motorola MC68HC711 Eprom programming problem

Hi all. We are using MC68HC711E9 in a project that never changes since two years. We are programming it with M68HC711E9PGMR and PCbug11 software. MCUs from 5xxxx mask set do not show any programming problems. Some MCUs from 4xxxx mask set, recently released, could not be programmed. Other chips could be programmed, but after turning them on and off some times, we find EPROM parameters around 0xB600 address corrupted.

We argue that the problem could not be on our firmware, as it works on

5xxxx mask MCUs. Probably, it is on the programmer.

I've looked at Motorola documentation and they only say that it must be a 100 ohm resistor between +12 and XIRQ/Vppe, but our programmer already has one.

Someone experimented the same problem? Any tips?

Thanks.

Reply to
francesco

Francesco:

Sorry I can't help with your problem, but maybe you can help me.

I've been using the secured E2 part since '89, and our stock is almost gone, so I'll be switching to the S7llE9 in a few months.

Is there a "cheat sheet" on how to modify my M68HC11EVM so I can program the 711E9? I still have the manual and schematics.

Something like cut an etch and feed 12v through a resistor to the programming pin?

What about the memory map. Can my EVM reach everywhere?

Will I need a different prom in one of the sockets?

Reply to
JandS