Mifare Smartcard Reader

Hi,

Working on a collage project. Im trying to set up a contactless card reader system (the existing cards are mifare). Looking for a module / design not too expensive, that can be interfaced to a small microprocessor. Can anyone recommend anything?

Eoin

Reply to
eoin dowling

We have used modules supplied by Pro-Active - they are easy to interface (TTL level RS232 plus 5V power) and easy to use, there is a dev kit and PC software if you need it. Try out

Hope this helps

Iain

Reply to
tebbutt

Thanks Iain,

I have been looking at a module that looks exactly the same, the commands look simple

I was looking in to trying to build one from scratch but it would work out costing way more.

Eoin

Reply to
dowlers

Eoin,

Depending upon the cost of the module you could also consider using the RC500 from Philips, single chip transceiver that can be connected to a micro on the bus or via SPI. The only constraint is that you need to write a

14443a protocol stack to communicate with the card and a correct antenna design. Its not overly difficult, and a RC500 in single quantities run about $9 USD (they are somewhat surplus due to everone using the RC632).

I would think you would get extra credits for implementing the 14443a stack.

Heath

Reply to
RC500