Introduction to stages of a device development project (embedded software)

Hello,

Is there a book or website I can reference to gain a layman's view of embedded software development.

I keep hearing all these words: board support package, hardware bring-up, on-chip debugging, JTAG, emulator..... I used this book to understand Electronic Design Automation and it was fabulous:

Essential Electronic Design Automation: Mark Birnbaum.

I was wondering if there might be such a website/book for embedded/device software development?

S H

Reply to
SilentHissing

I would recommend "Computers as Components: Principles of Emebedded Computing System Design" by Wanye Wolf, ISBN 1-55860-541-X. It is a good overall introduction, but don't expect to become an expert on any one platform from reading this book.

That being said, the author does concentrate on the ARM and SHARC platforms for examples.

Reply to
jtw131