Measuring Power consumption through the DC/DC-converter

We are currently dimensioning a new system, where we have to decide on number and type of memory chips, memory bus frequency, etc. using an evaluation board. We want to find the best compromise between power consumption and application performance. The board uses several DC/DC-converters based on Zilker Labs ZL6100 which has an I2C register to read out the current load current. Are there experiences with such an approach, is this reliable enough?

Andreas

Reply to
acd