MCUs other than ARMs

What if our "good" programmers are busy? Can an average programmer make it work? Is there an app note? To be honest, I get tired of trying to figure out how to use parts in new ways when what I need is a different part. The SAM7X was the part originally slated for this socket. I can get a part from Freescale with three SPI ports, but that would be anew processor for this group.

I can ask the local FAE.

I would like to consider that, but I don't see in the data sheet where they give enough info to estimate the power at any speed other than max. What would it take to get power consumption at slower clock speeds, like 13 MHz perhaps?

Reply to
rickman

There is a parametric search service for ARM based MCUs from all major chip vendors at:

A quick search showed that ST's STR730 series meets your requirements for SPI's, I2C and memory.

Rg, Tomas

Reply to
Tomas

Thanks. I am aware of the ST micro devices. They are rather high power though. Pretty much all the ARM processors other than the Atmel and Philips parts are twice as high as my board level requirement. So it is unlikely that I can get the power level low enough even using SW features of power control.

I found a part that seems to be a UART interface that provides a slave SPI interface. I need to read the data sheet in detail to make sure it will do what I need. But it seems to allow me to convert an MCU serial port to an SPI slave port.

Reply to
rickman

Renesas M16C62P series, like M30624 have 2 SPI and 3 UART/ SPI/ I2C. Available from Digikey.

r.

Reply to
raivo leini