MAX3421EUSB Peripheral enumerates as low speed

Good afternoon.

I am trying to get a MAX3421E running as a peripheral and it keeps coming up in low-speed. I cannot see any bits I can use to change this. The device appears to work. It is a call to WinUsb_QueryDeviceInformation(usbHandle, DEVICE_SPEED, &length, &speed) which returns 1 in speed that makes me think it is low speed.

I've hacked the MAXIM code away from ARM to SiLabs and away from HID to an unclassified device. I've used the same descriptors (almost) for a Cypress FX2 (except that does support Full Speed).

I've a USBTrace logfile but uncompressed it is too long for here (600Kbytes).

TIA,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davy

I'm getting the same result with WinUsb_QueryDeviceInformation on a full-speed PIC18F4550. The function returns True and device speed =

  1. The MAX3421E doesn't even support low speed as a peripheral, does it?

Jan Axelson

jan8200

It functions perfectly well at 12 MBit/sec (though I can only get 3.2 Mbits/second).

So, looks like MS have another "feature".

Reply to
Bill Davy

Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

(taming google) (newusers)

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

Please do not make content-free postings.

Who cares if it was t> Bill Davy wrote:

Reply to
LittleAlex