mainboard lowpower any recomendation wanted

Hello all together

What I'm looking for is a mainboard/processorboard for a mobile solution so power consumption is a key issue. The following requirements I roughly have:

- No mechanical parts like fan an disks - Cpu with low power consumption but still the power to run lets say a linux OS with a browser application and some java so an X server will need to be run as well - Graphics capabilities -> 10" to 12" LCD monitor is going to be used togther with a touch sensitive surface - Wlan interface or at least a pccard slot - Serial interface (RS.232)

I don't think a x86 compatible processor will have the desired power/el. power consumption relation. I thougt of PPC or ARM. Do you have any recomendation or experiance with this similar requirements? Are there some board to buy off the shelf which meet at least this items?

Any suggestion is apriciated.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Egloff

Check out

for LN2410SBC/TFT pack. It is the same chip - S3C2410 - that used in HP IPAQ 1940.

Reply to
webmaster

Hello Martin, i haven't mutch to say too.

The Ectako pocket devices haven't fan & use x86 TMPR processor. They use Green Hill C compiler for , I think any Linux as embedded OS.

The reason most pocket PC use ARM & WinCE is "eMbedded Visual C". It work with main classes of Visual Studio for PC but Java not. To use ones as offshelf: I can't to find any descriptions for direct control of resources except in eVC classes.

Vic