LPC2103 (Phillips ARM7 microcontroller) Led Blinky Example

All,

For people who are learning the ARM7 architecture, and wish to use GPL development tools, then my LED blinky program may be of use to you:

I hope you find it a useful spring board.

fred.kroft

On the link above you said: "until I was able to create this application that works with a GCC based tool chain."

Which "GCC based tool chain" are you using.

My experience with GCC is that it does not install correctly, so examples won't help me.

Or are you using a Linux version of GCC ??

Which is it, Linux or WinXP ??

donald

Reply to
donald

Linux, according to his README file.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Installing ARM7 GCC on a Windoze machine is very simple, there is nothing to go wrong provided you include the bin directory in your path. Use one of the prebuilt Windows installations - YAGARTO is native Win32 code and does not require Cygwin, then there is WinARM and GNUARM, plus other that rely on Cygwin.

--
Regards,
Richard.

Thank You,

I'll try out YAGARTO.

donald

Reply to
donald

"FreeRTOS.org" a écrit dans le message de news:OYq9j.64040$c snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

examples

on

I use winDEA, however, I find that gcc tool chain work very slow. How is YAGARTO about it ?

--

-Stan

Reply to
Stan

The Yagarto GCC binaries are much faster since it is linked to the native C libraries that does not have the cygwin overhead. The cygwin overhead is significant. I compile faster on an old 600MHz duron under Linux than using an XP 2600 processor under cygwin.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus