Linux for ARM7TDMI

Well, i'm working on project and had some problems with the uCLinux running under my arm7tdmi board. Now i'm trying to find another Linux dist. that could be used to replace the uCLinux on this board. Any suggestion?!

Thank for the attention.

Reply to
davidb

A full-blown Linux needs a memory mapping unit in the system. It is very probable that your system does not have one.

The main difference between ucLinux and a standard distro is the use of the memory mapping (paging) system and the limitations of un-mapped code.

A more appropriate place for this post would be a linux newsgroup, e.g. comp.os.linux.misc.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

running

that

I'm gonna take a look around the linux newsgroup that you suggest and see what i can find there. Well, thankz for the help Tauno.

Reply to
davidb

Imprecavo contro il nuovissimo ordinamento quando "davidb" ha detto :

comp.os.linux.embedded would be even better

--
Nuno on zx-6r '04 & CRe 250 '99 working in progress...
La riforma della scuola รจ pronta

"davidb" skrev i meddelandet news:356dnQOfQdyFVXXVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

The mainstream kernel can be compiled without MMU, but almost everyone I talk to frown on this. You would be better off with an ARM9 unless you got

*REAL* large volume, allowing you to finance a large S/W team.
--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Ulf Samuelsson

You can't runn a normal Linux distro on an ARM7TDMI, as it lacks an MMU and non-uC Linux requires demand-paging in HW. The only Linux you can run is uCLinux. Which uCLinux distribution is another question.

You say you're looking for "another Linux dist", but you never said which distribution you're running. Which one are you running?

Have you tried the uclinux mailing list?

--
Grant
Reply to

Well, i'm running the last version of uCLinux that is available on

that can be portable for the arm7tdmi. Now i'm looking for a linux that can run on a nxp arm7tdmi lpc2468 and that have the glibc

2.3.2+ RTOS version. The uclinux mailing list, thankz, didn't try it yet.

Thank you.

Reply to
davidb