JTAG Value Pack ?

Hi all,

We are introducing a new robust On-Chip Debug solution based on our
Chameleon POD. Take a look on www.amontec.com.

Features:
Based logic programable
True onboard 1284 transciever (SPP-EPP/ECP compatible)
On board 32MHz Crystal
Robust power managment

Chameleon POD configurations
Chameleon POD can operates as :
- Xilinx Cable III
- Altera Byteblaster
- MAGRAIGOR RAVEN JTAG EMULATOR
- WIGGLER RAVEN JTAG EMULATOR
- Atmel STK200
- WSI FlashLINK
- and other configurations like true I2C Controller over EPP.

Chameleon Programer software allows to change the configuration of your
Chameleon POD in one click, in one seconde. The Chameleon Programmer is
free.

This can be a nice ARM debug solution.

Laurent Gauch
Amontec
www.amontec.com

PS : all Chameleon POD are hardly tested before shipping !

Re: JTAG Value Pack ?
Is anyone successfully  using these with an Atmel AT91RM9200

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:22:34 +0100, "Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch"

Re: JTAG Value Pack ?
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:22:34 +0100, "Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch"

The English on your web site is very poor; some people will take that
as a disinclination to buy. I'd suggest you have a native English
speaker tune it up for you.

That means "almost not tested"!

John

Re: JTAG Value Pack ?

perhaps little bit overpriced at $150 for simple PLD+level shifter?
Antti made something similar free available at
http://www.graphord.com/books/OneDollarDongle.pdf

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb
(http://www.olimex.com/pcb )
Re: JTAG Value Pack ?

It is very common that people think you are paying for the chips on a
board.  They often overlook the effort that goes into making it a
product and the support provided after the sale.  In this case the
dongle is worthless without the various CPLD configurations that make
the part into what you are using it for.  I find $150 quite reasonable
for this device which impersonates a wide variety of devices.

But I do wish they provided more cables specific to a given task rather
than expecting you to connect flying leads each time.  For example, the
Xilinx parts pretty much all use the same header on the target.  But I
have to get a chart to tell me what colors to connect to what pins.
Likewise for JTAG ARM emulation.  Or did I miss something on their web
site?

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: JTAG Value Pack ?
Does anyone have these, or the original Raven, working with ARM 920T
based devices (and using gdb with a debugger).

Is these some issues with gdb and the MMU which prevents breakpoints
from working?